Recipe of the Week: Savory Boeuf Bourguignon
Savory Boeuf Bourguignon (serves 6-8)
– 3-4 lbs grass-fed beef (roast, round, steak, etc.)
– 3 slices of bacon
– 3 large carrots
– 1 onion
– ½ (6 oz.) can tomato paste
– 2 cloves garlic
– small package of mushrooms, sliced
– 4 tablespoons of butter
– spices (basil, thyme, salt, pepper, parsley, etc)
– 1 cup beef broth (or water)
– 3-4 cups (1 bottle) of dry red wine
– ¼ cup almond or coconut flour
– Preheat oven to 325.
– Brown bacon in large pan, remove bacon and add 2 tablespoons of butter to bacon fat grease in pan.
– Cut beef into 1-inch chunks and brown beef evenly. Can roll in almond or coconut flour before browning if you are using the flour.
– Put into large baking or casserole dish with cover.
– Chop carrot and onions and brown slightly in the same pan and then put in baking/casserole dish with beef.
– Mince garlic and sprinkle over beef.
– Sprinkle mixture with spices to taste (thyme, basil and parsley are really good additions to this).
– Pour water or broth and wine over mixture and cover baking pan or casserole dish- can also use foil if you don’t have a covered casserole dish.
– Cook in oven 2.5-3 hours until beef is fork tender and breaks apart easily.
– About 15 minutes before beef is done, brown mushrooms in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter. Add to beef and cook an additional 5-10 minutes in oven.
– Remove from oven, let sit 10 minutes before serving and serve with salad of choice.
2018 04 13