Recipe of the Week: Roasted Carrots With Kale-Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Roasted Carrots With Kale-Pumpkin Seed Pesto
– 1 bunch skinny carrots, tops removed, peeled
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1 clove garlic
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
– 2 large kale leaves, chopped
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
– Coat carrots with oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes until well charred and easily pierced by a knife.
– While carrots are roasting, make pesto by placing all ingredients except olive oil into a small mini chopper or blender. Grind on medium speed until coarse, then slowly pour in olive oil to emulsify into grainy pesto. Adjust seasoning to taste.
– When carrots are cooked, remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise and crosswise. Dress with pesto to serve.
2019 04 22