Recipe of the Week: Detox Kale Salad with Lemon Parsley Dressing
Detox Kale Salad with Lemon Parsley Dressing (serves 2)
Detox Kale Salad:
– 1 head lacinato (dino) kale, leaves thinly sliced
– 1 head Russian red kale, leaves finely chopped
– 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
– 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
– 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
– 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
– 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
– 9 oz. roasted beets, diced
– 1/2 raw walnut halves, chopped
– 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil (can also use grapeseed or olive oil
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
– 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
– 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
– pinch of salt
-Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut off beet greens, clean beets and wrap loosely in foil. Once the oven has reached 400, add the beets and roast for 50-60 mins. Remove when done, allow to cool, and remove the skin (should come off easily). Dice beets.
– Wash the kale leaves under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stalks and discard. Finely chop the leaves and place in a large serving bowl.
– Add the remaining ingredients to the serving bowl and add desired amount of dressing. Toss everything together to combine.
Prepare the Lemon-Parsley Dressing:
– In a small blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a small blender, whisking the ingredients together in a bowl works well, too.
2019 04 22